- To promote the welfare and care of cardiac patients both in and out of hospital
- To promote and provide support or aftercare for patients and their partners when resuming home and social life
- To establish and facilitate local contact, support and counselling centres accessible to anyone with cardiac complaints, including friends and relatives
- To increase public awareness of heart disease, its causes, treatment, implications and help that is available
- To provide social and personal contact with people who share and understand the needs of those suffering with cardiac problems
- To liaise with other cardiac support groups
- To act as an information centre for those requiring literature on heart disease
Meetings are held at:
The Royal British Legion
54 Western Road
See map below. There is free car parking.
Second Thursday of each month at 7.30pm.
We are a self-funding charity however a membership free of £10pp pa applies.
In January we hold a New Year party which includes a free drink and a magnificent buffet. There is an entrance fee of £2 per person in return for which a raffle ticket is issued with a chance to win one of several hampers. In June or July we hold a wine and cheese evening which is entirely free of charge. Please note that December is a very busy time for everyone and we therefore do not hold meetings during that month. However, we have our annual Christmas meal at a local venue on the second Thursday of the December.
Everybody is welcome.
We offer support to those with heart disease and their families. We can lend a sympathetic ear and offer support on a practical level.
We can help you to reconsider your lifestyle, establish your needs and help you and your family to return to a normal active life as soon as possible.
At the meetings we often have a guest speaker and any topic is covered – not just medical and sometimes musical or comedy. Occasionally we hold a quiz.
Not everyone can get to or may not like meetings so we send out a newsletter each month to everyone who is registered with us which keeps them informed. Indeed, there is no obligation to come to any meetings.