- To promote the welfare and care of cardiac patients both in and out of hospital
- To promote and provide support or aftercare for patients and their partners when resuming home and social life
- To establish and facilitate local contact, support and counselling centres accessible to anyone with cardiac complaints, including friends and relatives
- To increase public awareness of heart disease, its causes, treatment, implications and help that is available
- To provide social and personal contact with people who share and understand the needs of those suffering with cardiac problems
- To liaise with other cardiac support groups
- To act as an information centre for those requiring literature on heart disease
Meetings are held at:
The Royal British Legion
54 Western Road
See map below. There is free car parking.
Second Thursday of each month at 7.30pm.
Some of the following objectives are under review due to financial circumstances
these will be set out in September 2019.
We are a self-funding charity and there are no membership, joining or admission fees.Some he following
In January we hold a New Year party which includes a free drink and a magnificent buffet. There is an entrance fee of £2 per person in return for which a raffle ticket is issued with a chance to win one of several hampers. In June or July we hold a wine and cheese evening which is entirely free of charge. Please note that December is a very busy time for everyone and we therefore do not hold meetings during that month. However, we have our annual Christmas meal at a local venue on the second Thursday of the December.
Everybody is welcome.
We offer support to those with heart disease and their families. We can lend a sympathetic ear and offer support on a practical level.
We can help you to reconsider your lifestyle, establish your needs and help you and your family to return to a normal active life as soon as possible.
At the meetings we often have a guest speaker and any topic is covered – not just medical and sometimes musical or comedy. Occasionally we hold a quiz.
Not everyone can get to or may not like meetings so we send out a newsletter each month to everyone who is registered with us which keeps them informed. Indeed, there is no obligation to come to any meetings.